Manaslu Expedition 2023
Join IFMGA guides in this 31 days Manaslu Expedition. This is the eighth highest mountain (8,163m) in the world, located in Mansiri Himal. Manaslu was first climbed by members of a Japanese expedition.
Duration: 31 days
Best Season: Spring, Autumn
Level: serious high altitude climbing
5th September 2023
US$16,500 per person
- Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport pick up and transfer to Hotel
- Day 2: Expedition preparation day in Kathmandu.
- Day 3: Drive to Besishar.
- Day 4: Drive to Dharapani (1,963m).
- Day 5: Trek to Goa (2,515m).
- Day 6: Trek to Bhimthang (3,590m).
- Day 7: Trek to Samdo (3,875) via Larkya pass (5,160m).
- Day 8: Trek to Samagaun (3,520m).
- Day 9: Rest day at Samagaun.
- Day 10: Trek to Mt. Manaslu base camp (4,700m-15421ft).
- Day 11: to 26: Climbing Period Mt. Manaslu (8,163m).
- Day 27: Clean up base camp.
- Day 28: Trek back to Samagaun.
- Day 29: Flight Samagaun to Kathmandu
- Day 30: Rest and shopping day at Kathmandu.
- Day 31: Transfer to Airport for departure home.
Mt. Manaslu (8,163m), also known as Kutang, is the eighth highest mountain in the world, and is located in the Mansiri Himal, part of the Himalayas, in the west-central part of Nepal. Its name, which means "Mountain of the Spirit", comes from the Sanskrit word Manasa, meaning "intellect" or "soul". Manaslu was first climbed on May 9, 1956 by Toshio Imanishi and Gyalzen Norbu, members of a Japanese expedition. It is said, "Just as the British consider Everest their mountain, Manaslu has always been a Japanese mountain".
Mt. Manaslu is 8,163m (26,781 ft.) above sea level. It is the highest peak in the Lamjung district and is located about forty miles east of Annapurna. The mountain's long ridges and valley glaciers offer feasible approaches from all directions, and culminate in a peak that towers steeply above its surrounding landscape, and is a dominant feature when viewed from afar.
The Manaslu region offers a variety of trekking options. The popular Manaslu Circuit trekking route of 177 kilometers skirts the Manaslu massif over the pass down to Annapurna. The Nepalese Government only permitted trekking of this circuit in 1991. The trekking trail follows an ancient salt-trading route along the Budhi Gandaki river. 10 peaks over 6,500 meters (21,300 ft.) are visible, including a few over 7,000 meters (23,000 ft.). The highest point reached along the trek route is the Larkya la pass at an elevation of 5,106 meters (16,752 ft.).
Manaslu Conservation Area has been established with the primary objective of achieving conservation and sustainable management of the delimited area, which includes Mt. Manaslu.
Is this trip suitable for you?
Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain in the world and is not easy. It is a very serious peak and bad judgment or even bad luck can be fatal.
Top Himalaya Guides Trekking is a professionally led “non-guided” expedition for experienced mountaineers who want to work as part of a team to tackle the mountain. We say “non-guided” because, compared to guiding operations on alpine-scale peaks such as the European Alps, our leader and climbing team working with you will not be able to protect your every move. You must therefore have broad mountaineering experience so that you are capable and willing to move between camps unassisted. You will have good support on the mountain from our climbing leader and the team.
Included in Price
Included in Price
- All arrival and departure both International and domestic pick up and drop.
- 4 nights accommodation in Kathmandu with B/B basis.
- Transport from KTM – Beshishahar - Dharapani & return for members & staff.
- Food 3 meals a day in Trekking & Base Camp for member & Staffs
- Expedition Permit, Conservation Fee & TIMS Permit, Garbage Deposit Fees.
- All the salary and charges of Liaison Officer
- 1:1 experienced Mt. Manaslu Summiteer Mountain Climbing Sherpa per member or Mountain guide.
- Base Camp Cook, Kitchen Helper and necessary porters
- Above mentioned porter to carry members bags, food & equipment
- All Nepali staffs Insurance/ wages and equipment allowance
- Foam Mattresses, Dining/Kitchen//Toilet/Store Tent, Hot Shower Tent.
- Tables & Chairs, all necessary Cooking gears.
- Solar panel for light and battery charge at base camp
- Gas heater for dining tent at base camp
- 1 tent per member
- High Altitude food for member & staffs,
- EP gas, High Altitude Cooking Pot & Stove,
- 2 bottle oxygen with latest mask & Regulator
- All necessary Climbing route equipment
- Satellite Phone (US$ 5 per minute)
- Radio set for communication
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu
- Company duffle bag.
Excluded in Price
Excluded in Price
- Summit/safety bonus US$ 800.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Extra nights at Kathmandu
- Personal equipment
- Personal Insurance: Travel/Accident/Medical /emergency evacuation with helicopter coverage if needed.
- Nepal Visa fee
- Tips for staffs
- All other personal nature expenses.
- Samagaun to KTM helicopter.